CoSA VFX Vancouver is looking for a full-time Senior Matte Painter for our BC studio at Suite 202 – 333 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC.
We are continuing to expand, currently working on projects including The Conjuring 2, Gotham, Lucifer, Lethal Weapon, with new exciting projects starting in 2017.
The Senior Matte Painter is responsible for concept and creation of detailed matte paintings, as well as supervising and mentoring other matte painters in the department, in cooperation with the Art Director in the LA studio. You'll be creating photo-real environments, set-extensions, textures and backgrounds; enhancing or altering lighting, perspective and colour as needed for integration and mood.
CoSA VFX artists finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences. We implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf and custom tools, and interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result. In simpler turns, we work smart and fast in a small, friendly environment. We are dog friendly, have a large patio and Social Fridays.
- Expert and up-to-date knowledge of Photoshop and DMP layer processes in compositing
- Savvy in basic modeling and projection techniques
- Experience with 2D and 3D workflows.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ability to be engaged with multiple projects at the same time.
- Tangible evidence of experience working in photo-real VFX for TV and/or motion pictures (demo reel) plus your resume showing work experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures. TV experience is recommended.
- Recommended to have post-secondary education in visual effects, film, graphic design, animation, fine arts or related skills.
- Knowledge of 3D software (Maya, Modo, Zbrush) and Nuke a big plus
Preferably, you would already be based in Canada or BC, available for in-person interview and eligible to work in Canada. We will consider Foreign Workers as well. Wages range based on experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your reel when you apply. Include your availability and current status in Canada in the body of your cover letter.