CoSA VFX is looking for a Los Angeles-based Layout Artists for its North Hollywood studio.
Our company is a friendly, fast-paced and highly collaborative production environment. Recent projects include Gotham, The Orville, Westworld and Marvel'
- Recreating (solving) or creating the movement of a mono or stereo live-action camera in 3D
- Using Lidar and the measurements and on-set photography, camera information, distortion grids, and scaling reference of characters and objects to create a virtual set in 3D (Maya).
- Scene layout in Maya.
- Setup the technical and aesthetic approaches of the matchmove work for a shot or sequence
- At least two years of relevant VFX experience including some episodic TV experience.
- Expert and up-to-date knowledge of SynthEyes, PhotoScan, Maya and Nuke
- Strong interest in working as part of a tight-knit VFX team from multiple disciplines
- Ability to implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf tools.
- Capable of solving creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, share ideas with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes.
- A great eye for detail and ability to work under pressure on potentially short turn-around times.
- Able to take direction and feedback well from a lead or supervisor