CoSA VFX, Inc. seeks Mid-level and Senior FX Artists for its Los Angeles studio. Our company is a fast-paced and highly collaborative production environment. Recent projects include Swamp Thing, Pennyworth, Lucifer, and Westworld as well as a full slate of prominent television and film projects. Applicants must be Los Angeles-based and available for in-person interview at our office in North Hollywood, CA.
- Artist will report to the Global Head of 3D, CG Supervisors and FX Supervisor in which the artist receives creative direction to create high-caliber dynamic and riveting visual 3D FX.
- This role requires troubleshooting skills to be able to solve technical and artistic issues while meeting client requirements and production deadlines.
- Work under the guidance of multiple supervisors to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy. Often exploring different approaches and looks.
- Develop scalable FX Systems that can be used in a variety of shots by a variety of artists
- 4+ years’ experience in creating visual effects using Houdini software for broadcast television and/or feature films.
- Experience in creating some or all of the following:
- Rigid and dynamic effects like splash, waves, fire, smoke, destruction, explosions, mist, dust or similar.
- Volume modeling and rendering
- Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to effects.
- Working knowledge of professional software packages such as Maya, Houdini and/or Fume as well as rendering techniques/software.
- Able to solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, share ideas with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes.
- Knowledge of Ftrack or other production shot tracking software.
- Knowledge of one or more renderer commonly used in production; Vray, Redshift, Mantra
- Scripting in Python, CG Pipeline Development a plus
Please submit a cover letter and reel as part of your application. Applications without reel will not be considered.